Aleksandr Pronin, trainer, learning designer, curriculum designer.
Tbilisi, Georgia +995595474469 email@example.com linkedin.com/in/alexander-pronin-85507a73a Summary:
- 20+ years of experience in adult education, learner experience design and curriculum development.
- 7+ years of experience as self-employed/freelance, good self-leadership skills; can work independently or in a team.
- Teaching, learning design, knowledge sharing, skill training, curriculum design.
- Public speaking, storytelling and creative writing, narrative analysis.
Video-editing, image-editing (Photoshop, Articulate Storyline, Camtasia, Sony Vegas), UX Design, Figma.
2021 – GMAT, overall score – 690; 94 percentile in the Verbal Section.
Education and training:
- 1994-1999 – State Pedagogical University, St-Petersburg, Russia. University diploma “Teacher of Physics and English.”
- 2022 – Coursera, Google UX Design Professional Certificate.
2015 – Iowa University, Creative Writing.
Experience: 2022 Senior ESP trainer at ‘English by Yandex.Practicum’ (English for software developers).
- Selected and modified suggested instructional materials for more effective skill gap closure.
- Aligned suggested instructional practices with the needs and expectations of particular students for higher customer satisfaction.
- Provided feedback on the usability and effectiveness of the course materials and procedures.
2018-2022 Curriculum designer, learning experience designer, teacher of English; self-employed.
Developed and implemented curricula for groups and individuals aimed at developing their ability to communicate in English.
Designed meaningful learner experiences built around authentic video-mediated narratives.
2017-2018 Designed and created a multi-level online English language course; freelance.
- Conducted competitors’ audit, created user journey maps, designed functional features of the future product, selected the input material.
- Compiled lists of requirements for the developers to implement in the form of interactive activity templates; checked the templates for functionality.
- Uploaded the content to the web platform using the tools and mark-ups created by the developers.
2014-2017 Curriculum designer, learner experience designer, trainer; self-employed.
- Designed and delivered group-set educational experiences for raising self-awareness through narrative practices.
- Designed and delivered public workshops dedicated to more flexible, satisfying and productive approaches to learning English.
- Invented an educational board–game and presented it in a contest of innovations in education, Moscow, 2016.
2007-2014 Director of studies, teacher of English; a private language school.
- Built a strong team of teachers with shared attitudes and values.
- Designed and facilitated teacher-training workshops on implementing modern educational approaches to teaching, use of media and storytelling in teaching, etc.
Helped teachers adjust to the students’ individual learning styles or preferences.
2002-2007 Teacher of English; a private language school.
- Achieved the highest client retention rate among the staff in both adult and teenager groups.
Inspired two students to choose a career in teaching English.